Tuition fees for international students vary considerably with the domestic student. If you want to study in the UK, unfortunately it doesn’t come cheap.
So, if you’re looking for more affordable options, here are the UK universities scholarships for international students, based on data from our list.
UK Universities Scholarships
University of Birmingham
The University grew out of the radical vision of first Chancellor, Joseph Chamberlain. Founded in 1900, Birmingham represented a new model for higher education. This was England’s first civic university, where students from all religions and backgrounds were accepted on an equal basis.
- £2500 – available for 1st year students on a full time undergraduate degree programme
- 20 x ‘open scholarships’ worth £5,000 each – available for candidates who already hold an offer from the University of Birmingham to start a full-time programme in MSc International Business/ Financial Management/ Management/ International Accounting and Finance.
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a founding member of the Russell Group – an organisation of 24 top UK universities committed to maintaining the highest research and teaching standards, and creating strong links with business and the public sector.
- £3,000 – Subject-based scholarships for international undergraduate students
- £2,000 up to £9,000 – Subject-based scholarships for international masters students
Newcastle University is a vibrant Russell Group institution. Alongside world-changing research, offer an unrivaled student experience, an award winning careers and library service, and a campus located in the heart of one of the best student cities.
£1,500 to £5,000 – towards tuition fees are available for students from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
University of East Anglia
The university was awarded a gold ranking in The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017. The voluntary rankings rate institutions gold, silver or bronze and they are designed to give students better information to help them decide what and where to study. One of TEF’s key components is the annual National Student Survey (NSS), which gathers undergraduates’ opinions about their course.
- £4,000, £6,000 or £10,000 per year of study – Applicants to the International Undergraduate Scholarships will be considered on one of our monthly panels
- £4,000 – Postgraduate Taught International Excellence Scholarship provide to applicants in possession of a conditional or unconditional offer for a postgraduate taught course
Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast(member of the UK’s Russell Group) was established in 1845 and is the UK’s ninth oldest university. A city-based campus, Queen’s is located in Belfast – named the Number 1 region in the world to visit in 2018 (Lonely Planet, 2017).
The University is committed to delivering a world-class student experience, and has committed to investing £700M into enhancing student support services and facilities, including an annual International Scholarships fund of £1.5M.
- £2500 – £3000 (Including advanced entry into Year 2 or Year 3) – The International Office Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to new International tuition fee students beginning their full-time studies at QUB
- £2000 – £3000 – The International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship is awarded to new international tuition fee students beginning their full time studies at Queen’s University Belfast. *Queen’s Management School postgraduate taught programmes will not be considered for this scholarship
University of Sheffield
Sheffield has six Nobel Prize winners among former staff and students and its alumni go on to hold positions of great responsibility and influence all over the world, making significant contributions in their chosen fields. In the last decade it has won four Queen’s Anniversary Prizes in recognition of the outstanding contribution to the United Kingdom’s intellectual, economic, cultural and social life.
The University of Sheffield has links with many global companies including IBM, Microsoft, Rolls-Royce, Fujitsu, Boeing, Siemens and Ernst & Young. These top industry connections bear witness to the university’s cutting-edge research.
- £2,000 – £2,500 / max 50% OFF – International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2020 offering 50 scholarships worth 50% of tuition fees for each year (subject to a 60% average) of undergraduate degree. Students may be eligible for a scholarship of depending on their course
- £2,000 – £2,500 / 25% OFF – International Merit Postgraduate Taught Scholarship are offering 125 scholarships worth 25% of tuition fee. Students from selected countries may be eligible for a scholarship
Swansea University has been at the cutting edge of research and innovation since 1920. We have a long history of working with business and industry but today our world-class research has a much wider impact across the health, wealth, culture, and well-being of our society.
We have achieved an extraordinary level of success in recent years and our research activity exceeds that of many larger universities yet this has not compromised the friendly and relaxed atmosphere that has always characterised the “Swansea experience”. In our Centenary year, we look forward to continuing to work together to improve lives and the bright future that the next century will bring.
- Up to £6,000 – Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarship(£4,000 awarded in Year 1 and £2,000 awarded in Year 2 subject to achieving a 65% average)
- Up to £4,000 – Postgraduate International Excellence Scholarship
University of Liverpool
Associated with nine Nobel Laureates, the University is recognised for its high-quality teaching and research. Our research collaborations extend worldwide and address many of the grand challenges facing mankind today.
Our aim is to support our students as they become highly employable, creative, and culturally rich graduates, with the capacity to find employment that will enable them to be agents for change in a connected world.
- Up to £2,500 fee reduction – Undergraduate Scholarships and awards for international students (Entry 2020)
- £2,500 tuition fee reduction – Vice-Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship (PGT) rewards high-achieving non-EU international students starting a postgraduate taught master’s programme in 2020
University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde has won the coveted title of Times Higher Education University of the Year – the first University to win the award twice. The prestigious accolade was awarded to the University ahead of five other shortlisted institutions and recognises its overall strategy of engaging with business, industry and government, investing in students and developing socially progressive policies.
It is the second time Strathclyde has been named Times Higher Education University of the Year having also won the title in 2012.
- Awards of £2,000 – Strathclyde Business School Dean’s Excellence Awards (Undergraduate)
- Scholarship up to £3,000 for different kind of postgraduate course
University of Sussex
The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution near Brighton, in the south of England. Sussex was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its Royal Charter in 1961.
Sussex is a leading research university, as reflected in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF). Over 75% of research activity at Sussex is categorised as world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*) in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- £2,000 of funding in your first year – Sussex Undergraduate Scholarship
- 50% tuition fee reduction – Chancellor’s International Scholarship(available to 25 international postgraduate applicants)
Northumbria is a research-rich, business-focused, professional university with a global reputation for academic excellence. It is based in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne, which is regularly voted the best place in the UK for students.
The University has its origins in the Rutherford College, founded in 1880. Today, by putting students at the heart of an outstanding experience, and with world leading research and award-winning partnerships, Northumbria is a new kind of excellent university.
- £3,000 discount in the first year of their three-year Undergraduate course – Northumbria Undergraduate Global Scholarship(a further £1,500 fee discount for every subsequent year of study)
- £2,000 fee discount – Northumbria Postgraduate Global Scholarship
University of Huddersfield
Successful, innovative and modern – welcome to the University of Huddersfield
Whatever you aim to do in life, it pays to get a good education. And with high standards of teaching and learning and excellent facilities that’s exactly what our students can expect from the University of Huddersfield. Based right in the town centre and at the heart of the local community, we help thousands of people, from school leavers to those returning to education after a gap, achieve their goals each year.
We have an impressive record for graduate employment, with 97.3% of our undergraduate and 93.8% of postgraduate students in work or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17). The University places a great deal of importance on industry experience and therefore 100% of our undergraduate students have the opportunity to undertake professional work experience during their studies.
£2,000 for every year of study – Scholarships for new international Undergraduate and Master’s students
Get in touch
with our PDVL consultants to make your study abroad dreams come true !
Speak to us via livechat / at our “Contact Us” page !